Called to Serve

Called to Serve

Monday, March 17, 2014

Earthquakes, Murders, Strip Clubs, and Jews

So this was a good week this week!  I have to be fast, because I don't have much time!  There was an earthquake this morning!!!! It was so fun!  It woke us up 4 minutes before our alarm went off!  I felt like I was in one of those shaking beds in motels!  I probably should've taken more precautions like jumping under the bed or something, but I didn't.  I'm okay though!  There was also a shooting outside the Chatsworth Sisters apartment!  3 people we're killed and the Chatsworth Elders saw it happen! It's crazy!  Also, 3 of the owners of one of the biggest strip joints in LA, which just happens to be in our area, are running for city council!  

We found a couple of new investigators and one came to church!  His name is Matthew Jalesevec.  He has been taught for the past year and a half.  He's a big alcoholic and hasn't been able to give it up.  He wants to be baptized, but that and smoking have been holding him up.  We met him our first day here.  He was out on the street looking through a trash can to find some bottles to recycle.  He's not homeless, but he lives in a studio and teaches piano.  He's a really good pianist, but not amazing.  We taught him for the first time this week.  We also are teaching Brian, a 20 year old guy we found on the street.  He's really chill.  Our other investigator we found/inherited was Jane Choy.  She has been taught for the past year and wants to be baptized, but is confined to a rehab center.  She's super awesome!  
Other than that, we had a good week full of contacting and teaching some less actives.  They're great, but they need home teachers so bad!  

 I gave a Book of Mormon to a Jewish lady the other day, so that was an accomplishment!  Basically, that's it.  Earthquakes, murders, strip clubs, and Jews.  So much fun!  I love you guys!  Thanks for the package! I'm so sad to hear about Charlee's passing, but I know that this gospel is true!  Families truly can live in eternal happiness through the Plan of Salvation!  I love Charlee and I love this gospel!  I love you all and thanks for everything!


Elder Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment