Called to Serve

Called to Serve

Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Transfers

Wow this last 6 weeks was probably the fastest 6 weeks of the mission.  It's already transfer week and my companion Elder Ford is being transferred sadly.  He's off to be a district leader somewhere.  This past week has been a good one though.  As always we saw a lot of miracles!  You're probably sick of hearing me say that, but its true!  We've been able to help out our zone a lot this past week and haven't gotten much time to work in our own area.  Also my companion has been sick all week, and somehow we found a new investigator.  I'm telling ya. . . MIRACLES BABAAAAAY!
 Wednesday we had to drive up to the mission office to pick up some Elders that needed a ride back.  They had to drop off their car there because it was a medical car and they didn't need it anymore.  Elder Ford took a nap most of the day until the evening time because he was sick.  I studied and got caught up in my journal.  Have I told you how hard it is for me to write in my journal as missionary?  I'm getting better at it, but there are times on my mission that I haven't written and I've regretted it.  Anyways, that night we went to the Sanchez family for dinner.  it was really good.  Still a bit awkward like the last time, but good.  We taught them the importance of studying the scriptures and praying as a family and they committed to start reading everyday.  We should be going over this Wednesday as well.  I know they know that it's a good thing we knocked on their door, but I think that as of right now, they don't know what they want.  I have a plan to address this next lesson and its going to be good.  That family has so much potential and I know the Lord led us to them for a reason.  I have a really good feeling about them and I hope that I can teach adequately enough for there hearts to be touched by the spirit and have a desire to come back to church.  Thursday we spent almost the whole day with some elders at a doctors appointment in Mission Hills.  It was a long day.  Elder Ford was really sick and when we got home at about 7:00, he went straight to sleep.  We still hadn't done weekly planning, so I had to do that on my own.  He knew he was going to get transferred anyways, so he left it up to me.  Friday we. . . I can't really remember. . . wait for it. .. Oh ya it was Halloween!  I almost forgot!  That was weird.  Anyways.  We had to wake up early that morning to bring one of the missionaries in the zone up to the office for his departing temple trip.  After that we spent most of the day in the apartment since Elder Ford was still really sick.  We did go out later in the day though and try and contact some potentials.  No one was home.  it was weird too.   People were trick or treating by 5:00 and we were out on the streets still.  No one got mad at us which was nice.  We had a curfew of seven and the rest of the night we cleaned the apartment.  I also cut my own hair for the first time!  it looks pretty good too If I do say so myself.  Saturday we worked almost the whole day!  We got to go on splits with the Armenian elders and talk with some Armenians.  We even said a prayer with one of them.  it was sweet!  We got a lot of potentials too.  it was a good day and it felt good to be out working all day again.  We got transfer calls that day too.  Our zone is mostly staying, with a few exceptions.  One of the sisters' areas is being closed and both of those sisters were really sad about that.  Sunday we had to bank out of church early to bring that departing missionary up to the office for his departing interview.  Elder Fod said goodbye to a lot of members yesterday and his recent convert Michael.  When they said goodbye, Michael gave him a big hug and told him that he had changed his life and eterenity.  It was powerful.  That man has changed so much and it was hard for my companion to say goodbye.  But that's what you get for being a good missionary.  It was a powerful moment.  Anyways, we knocked and found a couple more potentials throughout the day, and ya! It was good.  We found a strip of Arabic apartments in this complex that we're going to bring Arabic stuff to next week.  That'll be cool.  Well,  it sounds like things are going swell back in the great walled city of Salt lake. (Say that in an English accent!)  I love you all! 
Elder Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment