Called to Serve

Called to Serve

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Getting Transferred

Well another week has gone by full of miraculous fantastic exciting miracles!  Sadly, the transfer fairy chose me to leave to a bike area. . .somewhere.  I'll find out where tomorrow at transfer meeting.  I'm so sad to leave this area, but it is what it is.  I'm grateful for the amazing time I've had here in the Seco Canyon Area!  I did send the sd card finally.  Sorry it took so long.

Anyways, this week was a longer week than others, but it was amazing!  Here is a summary:

Tuesday we taught Chad again.  He is doing so much better!  He hasn't smoked or done drugs for the past month almost and he committed to come to church this Sunday!  He wanted to talk to us about the Bible and give him advice on it (Where to start reading etc.).  It was an ok lesson.  We basically just answered questions.  We're thinking of passing him off to the singles ward Sisters.  We told him about the singles ward and left the choice up to him.  He said he would think about it.  The rest of the day we knocked and knocked as usual.  We had dinner with the Ramirez family which was awesome!  Lucy makes the best fried rice I've ever had!  We taught the gospel of Christ afterwards and it was an amazing lesson.  The whole family has heard all of the lessons multiple times and they understand.  We asked Laura to be baptized with the rest of the family on March 8th, and we all just sat there in silence for like 2 minutes to let her think and let the spirit work.  Finally, Lucy broke the silence by saying, "Chris and James, do you want to be baptized with your mom?"  They both just nodded their heads and the spirit just took over and she said yes!  The whole family is being baptized on March 8th!  Sadly, I'm not going to be there.  I'm so glad I was able to teach that family.  They made me a card and gave it to me on Sunday.  Lucy started crying when she said bye to me.  Jose told me to come back after my mission so that he can take me to six flags!  That'd be sweet!  Anyways it was awesome!

The rest of the week we knocked....all day every day!  It was long!  I feel like I've knocked my whole area like 3 times already.  Thursday we taught the Ramirez family again.  We had a great lesson on obedience, prayer, scripture study and the priesthood.  Friday we got a headquarters referal for an old lady that speaks Farsi and very little English.  We went to the old person home she lives in.  She's from Iran and was raised Muslim.  Her daughter was killed for converting to christianity.  She came to church on Sunday and told us that she's scared for her son in Iran because if they find out that she wants to convert to christianity, they'll kill her son.  She's like 85 and super lonely.  We talked to her for like 45 minutes and we could barely understand her.  She's super solid, but we're going to have to find a translator to teach her because of the language barrier.  

Sunday was super sad saying bye to the ward.  They had me stand up in Sacrament and give my testimony.  I love this ward so much!  They are so cool!  Currently I'm in a tripanionship with Elder Stucki my zone leader because Elder Larman my other former zone leader became assistant yesterday.  I'll get a new companion on Tuesday and I'll be biking everywhere! I'm so stoked!  It's gonna be awesome!  I love you all!  

Elder Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment