Called to Serve

Called to Serve

Monday, December 9, 2013

Transfer Week of Crazy


This week has been crazy!  It was the first week of transfers.  My trainer got transferred to be a zone leader in North hollywood.  My new companion is Elder Davidson!  He's awesome!  He was a zone leader in Encino and came up here to be district leader.  My area got split as well so now my area feels super small.  It's weird.  I was the only one who new the area and i had to explain everything to the new sisters and Elder Davidson.  It took a long time to get all the records transferred over to the sisters area, but everything is good now.  Jezebel, who is in the sisters area told them that she wanted to be baptized.  Elder Davidson and I taught the palomino's this week and Selvin lucy and Laura as well.  We slevin and his family the plan of Salvation and it was a really spirit filled lesson.  We invited them to be baptized, but Lucy spoke for everyone and said that she wasn't able to make that committment yet.  When we inveted them, Selvin was just nodding his head and laura was smiling.  All of them came to church this week and we got the chance to teach Gospel Principles.  We taught the 3rd lesson from Preach My Gospel, The Gospel of Christ.  It went great.  The lesson basically just turned into a testimony meeting and Lucy was there to feel the spirit testify to her that baptism is what she needs to do.  We are going to teach them later on this week and hopefully we will be able to set a date with them.  The lesson with the palomino's was good.  We taught them on prayer and studying the scriptures together as a couple.  We committed them to read and pray together.  They just need to do it now.  They have been coming to church on and off, but they haven't been keeping their committments.  Hopefully they start progressing soon.  I went on an exchange with the Copper hill east elders on friday to saturday and it was a fun exchange for me.  Elder Bulger came to my area.  We had a good time.  We did a lot of finding as always and got nobody.  Here's a funny story from the exchange.  We were finding and Elder Bulger and I felt like we should walk up this street on this hill.  We got to the top and there was this house with a guy handcuffed on his lawn surrounded by 4 or 5 police officers yelling, "I didn't sell no drugs or do drugs.."  They were just arguing.  We were walking by across the street and Elder bulger just yells, "Whats up!?"  to the guy arguing with the police.  When he yelled I just thought to myself, "what the heck are you doing!?"  Everyone just stopped and looked over at us.  The guy cuffed on the lawn yells back, "nothin much just hangin out!"  The police officers just busted up laughing.  it was hilarious.  That's my finding story.  Not much happens finding other than running into bible bashers.  We ran into a couple this week.  That was fun.  Sometimes it feels like the bible belt up here!  Anyways, not much else happened this week.  I love my companion even though we have no unity in contacting or teaching yet, but we'll get there.  We're working as hard as we can.  to tell you a little bit about my new comp.  He enjoys sharpening knives in his spare time, shoots guns competetivly and worked at a scout camp before he came out here.  he's super cool haha.  I love you all!  Thanks for the Garmin mom, Grandpa and Grandma!  I didn't get the scriptures yet.  I do get to skype on christmas.  We're going to the bishops for christmas and we are going to skype from there.  Should be fun!  We're going to the temple as a mission in a week and a half.  i'm excited!  Keep writing me I love it!  i love you all! 
 
Elder Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment