Called to Serve

Called to Serve

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Christmas

Hey howdy hey familia!  Well this letter might be a little shorter since I just talked to you a couple of days ago.  Skypeing with you guys was awesome! Weird to think that I only have one more of those left on my mission.  I really am loving it here and I love being a missionary.  I can't imagine life not being a missionary.  It's like you said Dad, we're almost living in two different worlds. 
 
I'm glad that all of the family could get together for Christmas.  It sounds like it was a good time.  I had a good time here in Burbank!  We went caroling as a district that night to different homes in a neighborhood and passed out He is The Gift Cards.  It was awesome being able to do that.  WE made some families day and they loved us.  No one got mad which is always a miracle!  As you know mom we had dinner with our Stake President, President Walker.  He called all the missionaries parents that were there and told them how good of missionaries we were.  He's an awesome guy.  Right after he got off his mission, he taught himself how to lock dance which is a type of breakdancing and he joined the dance group called the LA Lockers.  He's got a ton of stories and is super pumped about missionary work.  I'm excited to work with him.
 
I went on an exchange with my old MTC companion Elder Forsyth.  He's serving in Sylmar right now as a district leader companion.  We had a good time.  We talked to a lot of people that day knocked in the higher part of our area where the big big houses are.  It was fun! 
 
Dawn didn't end up coming to church sadly, because she had to work, but she committed to come next week.  We're going to do everything we can to help her make her baptismal date for the 24th.  She is golden and wants to change her life, and we will do everything we can to help her understand and make the right decisions to do so, however there is always the chance that she chooses not too act on what we teach her, and if that happens, I'm not going to stress about it.  I've done that to many times over the course of my mission.  I've done the best I can and I will keep doing the best I can.  I love the work here and I'm glad the Lord called me here when he did!  Thanks for everything you do for me! I love you!
 
Elder Nelson    

No comments:

Post a Comment